- Going bespoke – the answer to breaking the legacy debt cycleby admin on 2021-10-22 at 09:21
Technology, particularly how we can use it to streamline operations, enhance security and drive profits, is probably the most talked-about topic in business today Even more so since the pandemic sent digital adoption to the moon. From remote working to market intelligence and a lot more in between, technology underpins almost every aspect of business, The post Going bespoke – the answer to breaking the legacy debt cycle appeared first on TechNative.
- How can we eliminate gender bias in tech?by admin on 2021-10-21 at 09:21
We’ve taken some considerable strides towards gender equality in the workplace. However, the proportion of women in tech careers remains staggeringly low A recent study found females to make up just 16% of IT professionals, with figures barely rising over the past ten years. This is not due to a shortage in youthful and academic The post How can we eliminate gender bias in tech? appeared first on TechNative.
- Should we be aiming for leaders who use AI, or expert AI leaders?by admin on 2021-10-20 at 11:26
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is here to stay; of that, there’s little doubt AI technology can save time and money with sophisticated automation, boost productivity, and give invaluable insights to the trickiest commercial conundrums. All things considered, it’s an excellent innovation. But developing the human expertise to make the most of non-human intellect takes time. Years, The post Should we be aiming for leaders who use AI, or expert AI leaders? appeared first on TechNative.
- Five top tips for ensuring your Conversational AI project is a hitby admin on 2021-10-20 at 11:20
Conversational AI is becoming more popular as a way of automating messaging and speech-enabled applications that offer human-like interactions between computers and humans, but it’s often hard to get these projects right There are three main forms of communication in every organisation where conversational AI can dramatically change how the organisation works, and they are: The post Five top tips for ensuring your Conversational AI project is a hit appeared first on TechNative.
- How can businesses break the barriers for cloud adoption?by admin on 2021-10-20 at 11:11
It’s hard to deny the fact that cloud-based technologies have really taken hold in recent years According to insights from IDG, growth in cloud adoption has been marked; while 81% of organisations already use cloud computing, or have applications in the cloud, a staggering 55% are now using more than one public cloud. The benefits The post How can businesses break the barriers for cloud adoption? appeared first on TechNative.
- Building a Digital Societyby admin on 2021-10-20 at 11:08
Pivoting to a remote working model was a matter of survival during the midst of the pandemic It forced rapid digital innovation and highlighted the importance of connectivity and collaboration for both business and economic stability. However, as we shift to a more digital world, we also open ourselves up to a host of security The post Building a Digital Society appeared first on TechNative.
- Pledge raises $4.5M Seed round to build a carbon-measurement and removal APIby Mike Butcher on 2021-10-22 at 08:11
With the Climate Crisis looming, lots of companies want to do their part. But asking customers to “offset the CO2 emission of this delivery” is usually a hammer to crack a nut. There is very little transparency around carbon offsets. Plus, smaller companies want to access high-quality carbon credits, but calculate their impact at a
- India’s OfBusiness in talks to raise new funds at over $4.5 billion valuationby Manish Singh on 2021-10-22 at 07:38
OfBusiness, an e-commerce startup that sells industrial goods and provides small businesses with credit, is in talks to raise a new round of funding at a valuation of over $4.5 billion, three sources familiar with those talks told me. If the talks materialize, it would be the fourth financing round OfBusiness will secure this year.
- Tech watchdog campaign challenges big tech for hiding behind small businessby Taylor Hatmaker on 2021-10-22 at 05:23
Time and time again, tech’s most powerful companies have pushed the narrative that any threat to their own trillion-ish dollar businesses will trickle down, hurting the small companies that rely on their products. But counter to the warm and fuzzy anecdotes that big tech has rolled out over the years, some business owners struggle with
- Hong Kong-based fintech XanPool raises $27M for its decentralized payment networkby Catherine Shu on 2021-10-22 at 04:00
XanPool, a payment infrastructure provider that facilitates faster crypto and fiat settlements, announced today it has raised a $27 million Series A led by Valar Ventures. The round included participation from CMT Digital, Wise founder and chairman Taavet Hinrikus and existing investors Gumi Gryptos and Antler. The funding brings XanPool’s total raised since it was
- Google in talks to invest in Facebook-backed Indian social commerce Meeshoby Manish Singh on 2021-10-22 at 00:00
Google has held discussions to invest over $50 million in Indian social commerce startup Meesho, which recently secured $570 million in a financing round, according to a source familiar with the matter. The Android-maker, which has backed over half a dozen startups in India, has yet to make the investment in Meesho, according to another
- Bolt Mobility launches in-app navigation for shared e-scootersby Rebecca Bellan on 2021-10-21 at 23:21
Bolt Mobility, a micromobility company co-founded by Olympic sprinter Usain Bolt, has launched an in-app navigation system for its e-scooters dubbed “MobilityOS.” To make this feature easy to use, Bolt’s next generation of scooters, the “Bolt Two,” allows a rider’s smartphone to be mounted to, and charged by, the scooter. The simple act of adding
- Feed has no items.
- Acer's Swift 3 Laptop Is Our Best All-Around Affordable Pickby Scott Gilbertson on 2021-10-22 at 11:00
The Acer Swift 3's chip update and long-lived battery makes it one of the best affordable all-around laptops.
- Considering a MacBook? Here Are Our Favoritesby Julian Chokkattu, Brenda Stolyar on 2021-10-22 at 11:00
Apple’s laptops are expensive, and you’ll have to make some hard choices to pick the right one. Let us help.
- Dystopia Is Upon Us. Are You Ready?by Courtney Coonrod on 2021-10-22 at 11:00
From constant surveillance to algorithms that decide what we see, society is entering territory reserved for fictional dystopias. Here's how to push back.
- New Sex Toy Standards Let Some Sensitive Details Slideby Adam Rogers on 2021-10-22 at 11:00
The industry now has official guidance on design, materials, and more, but not security and privacy best practices.
- I Used Facebook Without the Algorithm, and You Can Tooby Brian Barrett on 2021-10-22 at 11:00
Making your News Feed chronological is an enlightening look at what's really happening on the platform.
- Join Us for This Year’s RE:WIRED Celebrationby WIRED Staff on 2021-10-22 at 10:00
Moderna CEO Stéphane Bancel, digital artist Beeple, scholar Timnit Gebru, actor John Cho, and more will discuss some of the biggest challenges facing humanity.