- The CISO must be – first and foremost – a Leaderby admin on 2021-01-21 at 23:59
The key challenges of the transformational CISO are not technological, but managerial. There is still a vast amount of debate across the cyber security industry about the role of the CISO, their reporting line, their tenure, the levels of stress they’re under, and the burnout epidemy they’re suffering. But looking into the actual profile of real people in
- What Does the Future of Shopping Hold in the Fashion Industry?by admin on 2021-01-17 at 21:41
Over the course of 2020, the way we shop has changed forever. Although many new shopping trends are a direct result of COVID-19 and brands adapting to life in lockdown, countless changes in the fashion industry were already underway. An overwhelming switch to e-commerce, for example, has only been accelerated by the pandemic. Today, over
- Service Collaboration: The Key to Ongoing Operational Resilienceby admin on 2021-01-17 at 14:57
It’s become a well-trodden phrase over the last few months – Covid has accelerated pre-existing business trends, with the shift to digital primary among them. For decades now, businesses have been slowly building their digital infrastructures, leveraging technology to drive innovation, improve business agility, and streamline operations. While most still haven’t realised the full potential
- The Farm of the Future: Cultivating Connections When They are Needed Mostby admin on 2021-01-17 at 14:53
As this year’s harvest continues under difficult conditions, can connected technology provide farmers with the precision and productivity that is needed to overcome the impact of COVID-19? What do you picture when you hear the word ‘farm’? For many of us, our perception of agriculture is shaped by our early – and often only –
- Tackling security to avoid regulationby admin on 2021-01-17 at 14:42
Cryptocurrency exchanges are increasingly considered to be the new banks as crypto has rocketed in use to overtake American Express and become the third largest payment system in the world after Visa and Mastercard. As a result, more and more businesses are starting to accept digital currency in their transactions. Unfortunately, recent high-profile hacking incidents
- Universal cart: The key to unified commerce in retailby admin on 2021-01-17 at 14:33
In recent years, a recurring theme in the retail industry has been the growing importance of unified experiences across all points of engagement with the customer COVID-19 accelerated this trend, forcing retailers to break down the silos between channels and adopt a flexible fulfil-from-anywhere model to move inventory as demand arises. As an industry, we
- Didi to subsidize trips for vaccinations with $10M global fundby Rita Liao on 2021-01-22 at 07:53
As countries around the world prepare to vaccinate people against the coronavirus, tech companies are rushing to demonstrate their willingness to help fight the deadly virus. China’s ride-hailing leader Didi Chuxing is pledging a $10 million fund to support COVID-19 vaccination efforts in 13 markets outside its home country China, the company said on Friday.
- China’s draft payments rules put Ant, Tencent on noticeby Rita Liao on 2021-01-22 at 07:25
A string of recent events in China’s payments industry suggests the duopoly comprising Ant Group and Tencent may be getting a shakeup. Following the abrupt call-off of Ant’s public sale and a government directive to reform the firm’s business, the Chinese authorities sent another message this week signaling its plan to curb concentration in the
- JustKitchen is using cloud kitchens to create the next generation of restaurant franchisingby Catherine Shu on 2021-01-22 at 06:23
JustKitchen operates cloud kitchens, but the company goes beyond providing cooking facilities for delivery meals. Instead, it sees food as a content play, with recipes and branding instead of music or shows as the content, and wants to create the next iteration of food franchises. JustKitchen currently operates its “hub and spoke” model in Taiwan,
- Elon Musk is donating $100M to find the best carbon capture technologyby Kirsten Korosec on 2021-01-22 at 01:22
Elon Musk said Thursday via a tweet that he will donate $100 million toward a prize for the best carbon capture technology. Musk, who recently surpassed Amazon’s Jeff Bezos to become the world’s richest person, didn’t provide any more details except to add in an accompanying tweet the “details will come next week.” Updated: A
- Chinese esports player VSPN closes $60M Series B+ round to boost its international strategyby Mike Butcher on 2021-01-22 at 01:00
Esports “total solutions provider” VSPN (Versus Programming Network) has closed a $60 million Series B+ funding round, joined by Prospect Avenue Capital (PAC), Guotai Junan International and Nan Fung Group. VSPN facilitates esports competitions in China, which is a massive industry and has expanded into related areas such as esports venues. It is the principal
- Alphabet shuts down Loon internet balloon companyby Manish Singh on 2021-01-22 at 00:42
Google’s parent firm, Alphabet, is done exploring the idea of using a fleet of balloons to beam high-speed internet in remote parts of the world. The firm said on Thursday evening that it was winding down Loon, a nine-year-old project and a two-and-a-half-year-old spin off firm, after failing to find a sustainable business model and
- Feed has no items.
- Alphabet Is Grounding Loon—but Won't Call It a Failureby Steven Levy on 2021-01-22 at 00:05
Plus: The moonshot’s launch, health care for the maskless, and a new era’s inaugural meme.
- He Made a Viral Bernie Meme Site. Now He Has to Keep It Goingby Brian Barrett on 2021-01-21 at 20:42
Nick Sawhney's “Bernie Sits" puts Sanders anywhere on Google Street View.
- Facebook’s Oversight Board to Decide on Trump Banby Steven Levy on 2021-01-21 at 17:10
Facebook has to decide whether to give the ex-president his bullhorn back. It won’t make that call itself.
- Cheaper Yet Refined, Samsung’s Latest Galaxy Phones Are Greatby Julian Chokkattu on 2021-01-21 at 16:00
The price tag might still make you blink, but Samsung’s new flagship has one of the best cameras in a smartphone.
- Is This a Fossilized Lair of the Dreaded Bobbit Worm?by Matt Simon on 2021-01-21 at 16:00
Scientists say they've got 20-million-year-old evidence of giant worms that hunted in pretty much the most nightmarish way possible.
- The Best Phones With an Actual Headphone Jackby Julian Chokkattu on 2021-01-21 at 14:00
3.5-millimeter audio jacks are endangered, but they’re not extinct. Here are some of our favorite smartphones that still let you plug in.